Frequently Asked QuestionsHow much notice do you require for orders?
- Online Shop: Orders in our online shop typically ship within 2-3 business days from the moment your order is placed. During holiday time (Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Christmas), and for very large orders, this time frame might increase to allow for further processing in which case we will reach out to you directly with an updated shipping date.
- Custom Gift Design: as each of the gifts is customized for you, we usually prefer to work with a 6-8 weeks notice in order to allow for better personalization. However, depending on the time of the year, this might change. We are flexible and welcome all requests at any time. Please reach out to email@example.com to let us know about your project.
We ship within the United States currently.Do you offer local delivery?
- Local hand delivery in the DMV area is available for large custom orders for an additional fee. Please inquire.
We are not currently shipping outside of the United States but if you are interested in ordering from a foreign country, please reach out to us to discuss at firstname.lastname@example.orgWhat are your shipping methods?
We ship UPS ground (1-5 business days delivery), UPS 2nd Day Air (2nd business day delivery by the end of the day) and UPS Next Day Air (next business day delivery).Do you offer gift wrapping service?
Our Gift Wrap option is a ribbon enhancement plus a note card and is available for $5.What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards via our online store. We do not store credit card information therefore can not accept credit cards over the phone. We accept checks for some custom gift orders.What is your return policy?
- We certainly hope you love your Kinship Collection item as much as we do. But if you would like to return or exchange an unopened, unused, unworn item, you may (with the exception of food products) return it within 15 business days of delivery. The returned item must be received in its original condition, so please take care to properly wrap and package the item for return shipment.
- All returns must include proof of purchase in the form of a receipt or shipping slip.
- Customers are responsible for return shipping costs unless the item is damaged or mis-shipped. Shipping and processing fees are nonrefundable.
- All Sale and Custom Gift Orders are final sale and not returnable.
- If we are in error and ship an incorrect item or incomplete package, we will furnish you with the shipping label and arrange for pick up of the package.
- If you receive an item that's defective, damaged, or incorrect, we'd be happy to send you a replacement—but we are otherwise unable to offer an exchange. Instead, we'd be happy to process a return for you. You'll then be able to place a new order for the product you'd prefer.
Shipping ceramics can be tricky and while we package all our shipments with the utmost care, there is a small risk. We will gladly accept the return of any merchandise that may have been damaged during shipping and can offer replacements. Any item damaged from use, general wear and tear, we will not accept. Please send a message to email@example.com accompanied by photos of the damage for our records within 48 hours of the delivery.Do you charge sales tax?
We collect sales tax in accordance with the District of Columbia tax laws.Can I see your items in person?
We host seasonal pop-ups throughout the year. Sign up for our newsletter to keep in touch about our next pop-up dates!Do your ceramics have lead or other heavy metals in them?
All our ceramics are lead and heavy metal free and undergo testing to ensure optimal food and beverage safety.